Friday, August 17, 2007

Out with the old, in with the new

I tried Sushi for the first time last night in Nashville. I didn't like the avocado rolls very much.
But you know what, it's good to try new things.

I've certainly tried a lot of new things this week at the Freedom Forum Diversity Institutes's Online and Multi-media seminar. I'm not afraid to return to my newsroom, The (Macon, Ga.) Telegraph and pick up a video camera to tell stories anymore.

When I leave here tomorrow I'm committing the next year to becoming an online, multi-media journalist.

Readers are looking on the Internet, and using their cell phones or iPods to get the news. That's where I want to be, right there giving it to them.

I'm proud, and very thankful to be chosen in the first class of 21 journalists to learn blogging, slideshows and online video to tell stories.

Watch for my byline.
In a year from now it will read: Julie Hubbard, online, multi-media, blogger and Education reporter.
Bye guys. It's been a blast!!!

No comments: