Friday, August 17, 2007

In my own words

This might be my only chance to editorialize on something, so I'm going to take this opportunity to say how I feel.

This seminar has been an eye-opening experience. Not just because I learned a lot about multimedia journalism that I didn't know before. But I gained something that some people in this world simply choose to ignore: a future mindset.

What I mean by this is that some people you encounter on a daily basis would rather stay where they feel most comfortable. They refuse to change. But in reality, they're probably just scared of change.

And, in some ways, I used to be that person. I used to think that I could never be a journalist. But I've learned that when you step out on faith and embrace the future, only good things can happen.

So I am proud of the journalists who came here and recognized the need to learn multimedia, because they understood that in order to survive in this industry -- and to grow -- embracing the future of journalism was necessary.

Anyway, this may be a little abstract. But my point is this: We can't be afraid to think different or else we will never truly know who we can be.

This is Martin Ricard, signing off. Peace.

No comments: