Friday, August 17, 2007

First blog ever

After a rough start, due to a sudden case of Bell's Palsy, I finally arrived to the seminar on Tuesday. Although I've felt a little dizzy and nauseous from time-to-time, I feel really good about being here. Karen, Kate, Jack, Yvette and all of the Freedom Forum staff have been awesome about helping me get through the week as comfortably as possible. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
The training has been eye-opening experience and has given me a second wind. Learning to use these new online tools is an exciting experience. I can hardly wait to return to my newsroom and share this knowledge with anyone who wants to learn about these great storytelling techniques. As a still photographer, I've felt a little uneasy about using video. This seminar has taught me that it's not the tools that we use that matter. In the end, the story is all that matters.

No comments: