Friday, August 17, 2007

Crash course

I've spent so much time learning new things at this seminar, I didn't have much time to blog. Here's my grab bag of thoughts on what I learned and what it was like being part of this experience.
The past three days, in particular, have been a blur. We had awesome equipment to work with as we practiced recording audio, shooting pictures, building sound slides, recording video and editing video. Jamming so much learnin' into a few days would drive most people crazy, but this happened to be a very ambitious and fun group. We just laughed and laughed and laughed at our mistakes instead of standing on the sidelines too afraid to take the plunge.
We completed soundslide and video projects in groups. And we're not competitive at all. Everyone says they have the best project. And guess what? Team Four really was the best. And so were the soundslides of Hillsboro Village. At some point, they'll be up on this blog for one and all to see. Enjoy.
Before I drag my tired self back to New Mexico, where it is stunningly cooler than Nashville, I have to thank all the instructors and organizers for being so patient with us. They answered every question under the sun and were really supportive. Mil gracias.

Iliana Limón, The Albuquerque Tribune

No comments: