Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Who cares about Brandon? (I do!)


We tend to read each other's books
in sizable chunks as they are written.
I don't know that you could say we are
ruthless with each other - in fact,
I suppose we are very kind.
There are ways to make suggestions
which are not destructive.
"

--Jonathan Kellerman

The Web site I write for, www.brandoninfo.com, will be a year old in September. It's had its fair share of face lifts already and the current homepage is cleaner than it's ever been.

During Amy Eisman's discussion this morning about online editing and story planning, she took a few of the participants sites and had a mini-critique session. We looked at my site, too, and some great suggestions were made concerning the community blog.

I'd like to take this further and ask anyone willing to give more perspectives on ways to improve the site. In a perfect world (think more than one reporter, unlimited resources, etc.), how could this site, which feeds hyper local information to the 8,000-some residents of Brandon, be the best it can be? This seminar has already given me some great ideas, but I'm looking for ideas specific to BrandonInfo.

Your comments are most appreciated :) Don't worry about my feelings - despite what the Kellerman quote may suggest, I'm all about ruthlessness, so long as I can use a ruthless comment constructively.

Jonnie Taté Finn

No comments: