Tuesday, August 14, 2007

R-S-S-P-E-C-T

So I thought I'd try out some of the stuff we've been learning since the seminar began. First up: Setting up an RSS feed. After Mark Briggs' session, I wanted to try it out.

I'll have to admit, it's kind of "different." I'm used to reading a newspaper on the Web, and I've kind of familiarized myself with that process. However, after setting up a simple RSS feed on Google Reader, I've noticed that it does serve its purpose.

If information and connectedness is what you're looking for, then, as we were told, an RSS feed can be very helpful. Already, I set up an account and picked several newspaper Web sites that I frequently read. This is what a typical Google Reader page looks like:

Now, I can say I have respect for this wonderful tool. Has anyone else tried to do this as well? Share your thoughts.--Martin Ricard

No comments: